Oct 28th, 2020
We speak to our first ever guest Osama Qayyum. We talk in detail about his experience on the Summer Diversity Internship Programme (SDIP) and his interesting experience taking a placement year which ended up working in Brussels.
- Osama's new role at No 10!
- What lead him to apply for SDIP
- The difference in experience compared to his placement
- The process of elimination when trying to discover what sort career or role you enjoy
- Leaving his placement early and ending up working in Brussels
- The number of rejections he faced and the importance of Dua and resilience
- Insight into the running of the SDIP programme
- Advice on how to be best prepped for an internship and how to make the most of one and ways to leave a good impression
- Should unpaid internships be considered or avoided?
- Creative way to build experience on your CV and final words of advice from Osama
You can find, connect and ask questions to Osama on LinkedIn.
Please like, subscribe & share to support the work!